PICK ONE OF THESE TOP TOOTHPASTES FOR KIDS
When it comes to toothpaste, it’s all about the fluoride—the No. 1 cavity-fighter for children and adults. But with all the different brands available, which one should you choose for your child?
Start by understanding not all brands are the same. Sure they may carry a lot of the same ingredients to whiten teeth, battle plaque, and fortify tooth enamel. But they differ in taste, consistency, and amount of fluoride.
Look for the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance. A team of independent scientists evaluate dental products for safety and effectiveness before approving them for the seal. All ADA-approved products must contain fluoride and meet a set of strict standards higher than those required by law.
- Here’s a list of ADA winners:
- Aquafresh for Kids
- Benco Dental PRO-SYS Kids Fluoride Toothgel Bubblegum Flavor
- Colgate for Kids (Dora, Monster High, SpongeBob, Teenage Mutant NinjaTurtles, Transformers)
- Colgate® Fresh N’ Protect Toothpaste
- Crest Kids SparkleFun Cavity Protection
- DTI Toothgel (Bubblegum, Bubblegum Saccharin Free, Mint)
- Hello Kid’s Fluoride Toothpaste (Blue Raspberry and Bubble Gum)
- Oraline Kids Bubble Gum Flavored Fluoride Toothpaste and Toothgel
- Smile Central Dental Bubblegum Fluoride Toothgel
- Tom’s of Maine Children’s Gel Fruitilicious
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Fluoride Toothpaste for Children (Silly Strawberry, Outrageous Orange Mango)
- Tom’s of Maine Natural Wicked Cool! Fluoride Toothpaste
Once you pick out a kid-friendly toothpaste, you need to know how much to apply. For infants and toddlers under 2 to 3 years of age, use a baby toothbrush and toothpaste about the size of a grain of rice. Once your child is able to spit out excess toothpaste, move up to a pea-sized amount.
Children will continue to need help brushing their teeth until they’re about 5 to 6 years old. Teeth should be brushed twice daily—once after breakfast and again before bed.
Giving your child a chance at a cavity-free life starts with fluoridated toothpaste. Pick up a tube today and make brushing a fun, daily activity.